The view was exceptionally beautiful during my walk around the lake this morning. Last night’s rainstorm (with golf-ball sized hail) cleared the air and left everything feeling pristine. As I made my way amongst the joggers, dog-walkers and early morning commuters I thought about how life changes very quickly. We can’t always control the situations that happen to us, but we can sure control how we react to them. So this is what I was pondering this morning, especially in light of starting a new job.
- Always look ahead. If you’re watching what’s behind you or to the side of you, you’ll get tripped up by that bump in the road.
- Keep going when you hit that bump in the road.
- Fake it ’til you make it. Act as if you already have already achieved that thing you are striving for.
- Sometimes you have to laugh at yourself. (I think this is especially applicable if you have a small child!)
- Everyone wants to be happy, just like you. We just go about it in different ways.
How do you handle challenging situations?
(That headline quote was penned by T.S. Eliot by the way.)